Southern California Edison Field Supervisor (SUP_FLDSP_E) in Wofford Heights, California
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
This position is a Field Supervisor within Southern California Edison (SCE)’s Distribution Business Line. The successful candidate will supervise a team of construction/maintenance crews and a Production Specialist focusing on construction activities, providing direction to crews on work order execution plans, and strategically structuring work activities within their work unit to optimize safety, productivity, and cost efficiency. This position will report directly to the Operations Supervisor.
Supervise approximately 12 employees consisting of production specialists, linemen, and foremen to ensure that all work is executed and completed in a safe and efficient manner by ensuring for site readiness, conducting regular crew visits and field observations, rewarding good work practices, correcting unsafe conditions and work practices, and providing field supervisory support in cases of emergency situations
Perform all supervisory tasks related to e-crews including ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, optimizing the cost efficiency of the crews through the managing of overtime and crew size, ensuring accurate tailboarding, reviewing daily timesheets, resolving employee disputes, and providing coaching/feedback regarding performance.
Work as the lead role supervising e-crew construction units and the execution of multiple projects while meeting customer/compliance dates.
Evaluate project status and institute changes as needed to maximize crew productivity and cost efficiency. Ensure employees perform scheduling activities in the systems/tools to maximize productivity and efficiency by crews.
Responsible for ensuring all compliance and customer commitment dates are met by managing day-to-day scheduling and crew composition.
Providing crew leadership and performing supervisory functions that include personnel mentoring, counseling, training, development, and administration.
Maintain schedules, records, and reports and allocating resources to meet project requirements.
Provide interpretation and represent the Company on labor issues/disputes as they relate to the department.
Establish and maintain high standards of excellence, communicating frequently and openly, engaging others in the solution of electrical distribution system problems and responding professionally to personnel requirements.
Enforce safety, illness and injury policies and rules, and investigate occurrences and initiate corrective action.
Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· Must have at least two years of experience as a journeyman lineman.
· Must have experience in the design, operation and/or construction and maintenance of the electric system.
· Must have supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
· Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Driver’s License
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Previous experience as an E-Crew Foreman preferred.
· Experience with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
· Associate’s Degree in applicable professional, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Typically possesses five or more years combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, and/or scheduling activities associated with the electric distribution system.
· Demonstrated experience with underground and overhead construction, maintenance and operation of the electrical distribution system and associated regulatory requirements, including environmental regulations, safety policies and procedures, and hazardous waste management.
· Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams or supervising bargaining unit personnel.
· Demonstrated experience overseeing or executing medium to large construction projects
· Demonstrated thorough knowledge and experience with GO 95, 128 and Accident Prevention Manual safety rules.
· Knowledge of the IBEW collective bargaining agreement and its application in handling labor relations issues.
· General understanding of distribution accounting and timekeeping practices.
· Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information, make sound decisions that have moderate to significant business impact and develop and implement strategies.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others by prioritizing activities, delegating and monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding employees accountable for results.
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
· Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute work plans, and manage information.
· Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
· Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
· Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
· This position requires incident-response and communication beyond normal work hours and standard work day schedules.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY) .
Title: Field Supervisor (SUPFLDSPE)
Location: US-CA-Wofford Heights
Requisition ID: 71019614