Arizona Public Service IT Sys Analyst/Integrator Senior in United States
SUMMARY: Collaborate with assigned business unit clients and information technology (IT) staff to deliver effective and innovative business technology solutions. Plan, coordinate and/or perform requirements and feasibility analysis, project definition, design, development and implementation of new information technology (IT) systems and modifications to existing IT systems. Resolve complex business technology issues by developing, recommending, and implementing innovative IT solutions to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure new and existing information systems conform to APS Services Oriented Architecture standards. Integrate continuous process improvement/refinement by utilizing and applying operational and performance-based analytics. Lead or participate in projects of varying scopes including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and execution. May serve as a subject matter expert in a specific area or areas of business processes and systems. Lead or participate in developing, validating, and execution of all levels of testing. Provide procedural, technical, and developmental mentoring, and may provided work direction to less experienced staff.
Targeting a candidate of 5-7 years of experience with the following skills:
Relational Databases – SQL Server
Reporting – SQL Server and SSRS
Identity Management – MS Forefront Identity Manager
Ability to communicate clearly with customers and problem solve
Ability to interpret business requirements into technical solution
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. An additional eight (8) years progressively responsible experience demonstrating expert knowledge of application systems, development and integration services. Broad understanding of business applications and some of the business functions or thorough understanding of technical area assigned. Excellent technical and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to apply effective problem analysis/resolution techniques and knowledge of systems design. Demonstrated high proficiency in the application of information systems methodologies, information systems guidelines and architectures, information systems technologies (distributed and mainframe). Broad knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business client areas. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and tie functional needs to technology solutions. Demonstrated ability to effectively and successfully lead or manage mid-sized projects and teams. Demonstrated effective communication (written and oral), negotiation, influencing, and interpersonal skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1) Collaborate with assigned business unit clients and information technology (IT) staff to deliver effective and innovative business technology solutions. Develop broad knowledge and understanding of client business environment, priorities, and processes. Anticipate changing business environment and identify technology opportunities to support potential changes in priorities or processes.
2) Plan, coordinate and/or perform requirements and feasibility analysis, project definition, design, development and implementation of new or innovative information technology (IT) systems and modifications to existing IT systems to optimize business processes.
3) Ensure successful integration and compatibility of new and existing information systems by utilizing and applying APS Services Oriented Architecture standards.
4) Resolve complex business technology issues. Develop, recommend, and implement innovative IT solutions to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. Integrate continuous process improvement/refinement by utilizing and applying operational and performance-based analytics.
5) Lead teams of 2-4 for small to mid-size projects of limited scope and/or duration. May also participate as project member on more complex projects, larger scope projects.
6) For small to mid-size projects, coordinate all phases of project planning and execution, including estimating resources and tasks, creating, managing and controlling project schedules and resources. Support the development of project budgets. Forecast, monitor, and report on project expenses. Provide project updates to IT or business client management.
7) Interface with IT Business Partner, clients, and vendors to ensure project objectives are clearly understood, documented, communicated, and successfully achieved.
8) Coordinate and/or provide preventative and predictive maintenance services of existing systems (systems enhancements, preventative and corrective maintenance, query support and general customer support). Recommend maintenance, modification and/or replacement of existing IT system components as needed to ensure overall IT service reliability and performance targets are met or exceeded.
9) May serve as a subject matter expert in a specific area or areas of business processes and systems.
10) Lead or participate in developing, validating, and execution of all levels of testing.
11) Provide procedural, technical and/or developmental mentoring to less experienced staff. May provide direction regarding some of the daily activities of other department staff.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: IT Sys Analyst/Integrator Senior
Job ID: 20170812