Arizona Public Service IS Auditor Senior/ Consultant in United States
Evaluates moderately complex and diverse business and technical processing environments. Recommends controls and solutions for specific business and technical problems to ensure risks and exposures are properly mitigated. Breadth of applications span all business/engineering applications within area of assignment. Breadth of technical skills includes databases in client/server architectures, middleware in distributed systems, information security, web-based systems to cross platform interfaces, et.al. Functions as an in-charge over any size audit and interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters.
Minimum Requirements: Senior
- BS degree in Accounting, Business or Computer Science or any combination of four years relevant work experience and completed years of relevant college coursework. In addition, a minimum of five years information systems audit experience in the areas of application development, operating systems, data center and network operations, support activities and/or information security.
- MBA, CPA, CIA or CISA certification preferred.
Minimum Requirements: Consultant
- BS degree in Accounting, Business or Computer Science or any combination of four years relevant work experience and completed years of relevant college coursework. In addition, a minimum of seven years information systems audit experience in the areas of application development, operating systems, data center and network operations, support activities and/or information security.
- MBA, CPA, CIA or CISA certification strongly encouraged.
- With limited or no supervision, plans and conducts audits and reviews to provide an independent verification and evaluation of the Company's information systems operations.
- Develops, executes and documents control evaluation procedures for IT audit projects including evaluation of system and network infrastructures, physical and logical security, systems acquisition and development, system architecture, change management, system availability and may include code review.
- Communicates in writing findings and recommendations to management for appropriate action.
- Develops and maintains a trusted advisor relationship with key client management.
- Maintains a positive attitude and even temperament to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Complies with GAAS, IIA and ISACA standards and Company procedures to ensure objectivity, independence and
- Maintains solid understanding of IT processes, infrastructure and control to formulate risk assessments, including in depth knowledge of controls for several key areas of information technology
- Extracts data for testing using software programs (example could be Audit Command Language (ACL) software).
- Verbally communicates issues to management and staff of the auditee. Educates management on company exposure risks regarding issue results. Facilitates discussion on how to remedy issues discovered during the audit.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new and changing regulations that may impact work and can quickly master technically complex systems.
- Audits and evaluates risk for information systems, platforms, and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security. Determines and recommends improvements in current risk management controls and implementation of system changes or upgrades.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: IS Auditor Senior/ Consultant
Job ID: 20170865
Full/Part Time: Full-Time