UNS Energy Corporation Auditor II in Tucson, Arizona
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Auditor II-Senior. The successful candidate will perform audits of Company financial activities, operational activities, subsidiary activities, and joint-venture projects. Also, test controls for compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Essential Functions:(As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing)
- Performs internal operational audits of other departmental procedures and activities to determine whether these operating procedures and activities are achieving effective and desired results.
- Performs audits of the Company's subsidiary activities.
- Writes audit reports of findings and recommendations for corrective action and/or improvements, as appropriate.
- Reviews the progress, findings, and recommendations of audits and audit reports with audited organizations where appropriate.
- Maintains working papers for each audit which document the work performed, conclusions reached, and any findings.
- Documents and tests controls for compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- May perform consulting and other audit activities as requested.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities: (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
Auditor II Minimum Qualifications
- College degree with Accounting major or significant accounting course work, plus, two or more years of audit related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to meet deadlines, time budgets, and work multiple tasks under pressure.
- Knowledge of internal control methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Interviewing and flowcharting skills.
- Creates audit program with minimal supervision.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Audit Services
Position Type: Unclassified