National Grid Analyst, Misc & Special Billing Management in Syracuse, New York
_About the Position:_
Facilitate effective and efficient operation of miscellaneous billing activities by providing certain essential services to National Grid billing owners. Assure that these services provide valued services to the business and to customers, minimizing issues and anomalies, driving system and records integrity for best value and customer satisfaction.
Carry out responsibilities of the miscellaneous billing accountability office to provide end-to-end procedure, policy, and oversight.
For billing owner functions migrated to the centralized team environment, analyze and interpret data, procedures, activities, and pertinent documents to produce accurate and timely customer billing documents supporting the effective working of National Grid.
At the higher levels this role will also design and implement procedures and policies within their area of work to improve the working of National Grid.
At the higher levels this role will also manage relevant projects to add or improve functions of the department.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· Independently collate, analyze and interpret work unit operational and/or financial data, procedures, activities, and pertinent business documents within one or multiple areas using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department’s decision making process.
· Prepare and write relevant documentation in order that all stakeholders are fully informed and all evidence or statistics are documented.
· Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
· Maintain and provide information such as regulatory or business essential information in order to ensure regulators and other stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant National Grid policies, processes and programs.
· Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
· Build upon technical / professional skills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
· Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
· Monitor and review work undertaken by project team in order to provide feedback on the appropriate use of materials, tools, equipment or resources and adherence to schedules.
· Supervise work of other analysts (particularly in the scope of projects) and clerical union staff to high levels of performance and consistency.
_Knowledge & Experience Requirements:_
· Bachelor's degree in a business, systems, or financial area and up to 2 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree / credits are desirable.
· Knowledge and experience in one or more areas of customer account management, invoicing, financial structures, energy management.
· Knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies and practices.
· Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Understanding of project management techniques and methods.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/“National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected from discrimination under municipal, state, or federal law. We encourage all interested, qualified persons to join the National Grid team.”/
Job: *Services Delivery Center
Organization: *Services Del Center
Title: Analyst, Misc & Special Billing Management
Requisition ID: 20172599