MDU Resources Group Laborer / Yard Person in Stockton, California
This position is responsible for providing general labor work to support the plant and yard operations. Dependent upon shift assignment may also be responsible for general security of the plant and yard. This position is typically assigned to work weekends 8 to 12 hour shift schedule. Position may be required to work nights, during the week or holidays as the business level dictates.
- *Assists in rail car unloading as directed.
- Operates equipment, such as forklift or skid loader in a safe and efficient manner.
- *Conducts routine tasks that will require general labor activities such as shoveling, lifting and or moving materials with and without assistance and other routine tasks that may require the use of hand tools.
- Conducts general outdoor and indoor housekeeping of the yard and buildings.
- Complete daily maintenance assignments.
- Dependent upon shift assignment, may be required to provide routine security for the plant facility, such as security watch, making rounds of facility grounds, documenting any suspicious activity and contacting management or law enforcement should situations arise.
- Must complete all required paperwork including accounting, time cards, safety or equipment reports on a daily basis.
- *Must work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 to 2 years experience in a general laborer position.
- Must possess a valid class C state driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends or holidays.
- Ability to understand and follow safety, environmental or other regulations and company policy.
- Ability to read and write in order to complete required paperwork.
How To Apply:
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: Pacific Northwest Oil/Attn: HR Dept. PO Box 6099 Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Company: Pacific Northwest Oil Company
Location: Stockton, CA
Hiring Manager: Robert L Flanders
Closing Date: 10/27/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time