NextEra Energy Project Estimator II - Engineering & Construction in Juno Beach, Florida
Project Estimator II - Engineering & Construction
Date:Oct 15, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 14361
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position is located at NextEra Energy’s Corporate Campus – Do you have a degree in Construction Science, Building Construction, Renewable Energy or Engineering? Are you interested in building a career in the renewable energy industry? Do you have experience with construction? If so, this entry level position with the Engineering and Construction department at NextEra Energy may be the opportunity for you!
This position supports the cost estimating and designing Wind Energy and Solar Energy projects for NextEra Energy, the industry leader in clean energy. The position requires strong technical, problem solving, teamwork, critical thinking, and project management skills. You will be working with cross functional teams involved in project development, planning and execution. This position will report to the estimating manager and will support the early stage development of renewable energy projects. In this role, you will be empowered to travel to project sites in development and under construction to gain valuable experience and knowledge usable in this exciting position.
This position has the single point accountability responsible for the preparation of cost estimates for renewable energy projects. In this role you will:
- Coordinate with early stage project management, supply chain, project controls, engineering and construction supervision to define project parameters, influence project designs and perform insightful analysis on historical, current and future cost information
- Develop an understanding of construction management principles including scheduling, estimating and means and methods
- Learn wind energy and solar energy technology and basic work practices to help drive efficient financial models
- Refine your understanding of engineering principles including civil, structural, electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Use software such as Microsoft Excel, Google Earth, ArcMap to perform estimates and update estimating tools and templates
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with the customer and internal partners
- Make efficient, quality, data driven decisions that set the direction for the project
- Review and perform takeoffs on current and historical project designs, drawings and specifications to ensure projects are evaluated for cost savings measures and continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies and programs such as safety, documentation and employee training Job Overview This position develops, quantifies, costs, and provides a complete capital expenditure (CapEx) model for evaluating projects. Employees in this role provide technical guidance, estimating knowledge, market pricing, and staffing considerations during the estimating process.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Prepares capital cost estimates • Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate • Coordinates with other departments, ensuring understanding of project objectives and efficient utilization of resources • Reviews layouts, designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate • Remains current with technology and industry evolution, assuring that capital estimates anticipate the correct market conditions • Establishes, builds and implements metrics for cost and construction estimate checks • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:0+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Wind Energy, Energy