NextEra Energy Financial Analyst II in Juno Beach, Florida
Financial Analyst II
Date:Oct 14, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 14224
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Job Description
Financial analyst II position in the Project Finance Group, which leads the oversight of NextEra Energy Resources and NextEra Energy Partners project financings and tax equity loan portfolio of over 80 financings totaling over $15 billion and growing. Working with Business Managers, Project Controllers, and Treasury, this position will have primary responsibilities for project finance compliance. These activities will include performing compliance function for the Company’s project finance portfolio, such as transfer certificates, DSCR and covenant compliance, guarantee processing, monthly notifications, and periodic reporting.
- Manage financial compliance of NextEra Energy Resources project financings and tax equity loan portfolio of approximately 80 financings totaling over $15 billion.
- Perform loan covenant compliance; ensure all required compliance certificates are issued in a timely manner
- Manage loan payment and cash distribution process ensuring all debt obligations and distributions paid accurately and on time
- Work with the Business Managers and Project Controllers in managing and monitoring project level cash flows and forecasted debt service coverage ratios (DSCR)
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial performance reports to lenders and investors, support the preparation and presentation of annual lender/investor presentations
- Manage correspondence and inquiries with the various Trustee and Administrative Agents; work with Business Management and Treasury on providing a coordinated response
- Liaise with NextEra Treasury group regarding operating performance of financings, rating agency updates, lender/investor inquires, and lender consents
- Review loan and tax equity legal agreements prior to closing new transactions, provide feedback and uniformity as needed
- Assist Business Managers and Project Controllers with interpretation of loan documents with regard to financial and operating level compliance requirements Job Overview Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts moderately complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models • Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc. • Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services • Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies • Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Experience:2+ years Preferred Qualifications • Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami