NextEra Energy Associate PGD Controls Engineer in Juno Beach, Florida
Associate PGD Controls Engineer
Date:Oct 12, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 15445
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is seeking a highly capable individual to be part of the Engineering & Technical Services team that provides technical support in the area of instrumentation and controls for the Fossil and Thermal-Solar Generating Fleet.
Instrumentation and Control provides a unique opportunity to interface with plant operations and subject matter experts for all plant equipment, including turbines, generators, pumps, motors, valves, piping, etc. Learn how the design and selection of each piece of equipment in a power plant affects the overall process control and protection strategy.
Responsibilities include system/asset program management; the development and implementation of department standards and best practices; troubleshooting and improving plant control systems; and managing system replacement, upgrade, and integration projects.
This is an entry level position in Power Generation Control Systems and Instrumentation. Core functions will include:
- Managing asset programs for Instrument and Control equipment and systems with focus on cost management, reliability, compliance, and delivering expert support
- Defining and managing project budgets, schedules, and execution, including support of technical design reviews, factory acceptance testing, and quality assurance through all phases of the project
- Application of engineering standards in process control theory, maintenance programs, and project construction
- Collaborating with multi-discipline teams for problem solving, betterment opportunities, and systems integration
- Supporting the deployment and maintenance of cyber security solutions to meet corporate standards or NERC CIP standards
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Due to the 24 hour, 7 day per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out,maybe required
- Travel to sites and vendor facilities throughout the United States averages about 30%
- Engineer in Training (EIT); Successful passing of the Fundamentals Exam
- Control Systems Engineering coursework, including relevant labs
- Experience with programming: text-based code, sequential function charts, ladder diagrams, and function-block diagrams
Our Success Begins With Our People. NextEra Energy is a team of over 14,000 employees, located in 26 states, Canada and Spain, providing safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our customers. Come join a diverse Instrument and Controls Engineering Team, committed to safety, continuous improvement, and collaboration.
Job Overview Employees in this entry-level role performs a variety of routine tasks, which provide experience and familiarity with Engineering staff, methods, practices, and programs after which may independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures while using judgment when making adaptations and modifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Completes assignments that have clear and specific objectives which require the investigation of limited number of variables • Performs work involving conventional plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are few precedents • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's - Engineering
Experience:0+ years Preferred Qualifications
Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Plant Operator, Power Plant, Energy