NextEra Energy IT Information Security Analyst P in Florida City, Florida
IT Information Security Analyst P
Date:Sep 26, 2017
Primary Location:Florida City, FL, US, 33035
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 14332
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description In this role, you will be tasked with strategically designing and implementing information systems and networking software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. You will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, you will utilize expert knowledge of one or more major components of information technology to recommend solutions as they relate to current and future business environments. You will help lead in planning, design, configuration and operations of information systems.
* Candidates must satisfy all Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission security requirements.
- Management of one-way data diode infrastructure including patching, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Review and assist with the cyber security controls to be applied to plant equipment.
- Ensure cyber security controls are being maintained through monitoring and auditing.
- Assist in implementation of the fleet cyber security program/project.
- Perform routine cyber security work such as patching, vulnerability management, etc.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Windows 7 Desktop support.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading of Desktop PC.
- Software deployment and installations.
- Desktop Imaging.
- Troubleshooting various Desktop software issues.
- Printer Installations.
- Active Directory Support.
- Customer Support via Remote management tools such as Tivoli, TEM, Remote Desktop.
- Use of Trouble Tracking Systems (Remedy ticket systems).
- Use of Asset Management systems.
- Cisco Catalyst Switches—3700/3500/2900 in Local Area Networks.
- Network Management tools to trace and isolate network issues.
- Cisco IOS technologies.
- Cisco wireless technologies. Job Overview This job is responsible for designing, implementing, and performing procedures and controls necessary to ensure and protect the safety and security of all information systems assets, including prevention of intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Participates in incident management and system investigation efforts, within proper protocols and legalities • Works with innovative cyber-security-related technologies • Proposes process and technology-related solutions or improvements, to protect the company from cyber security vulnerabilities and weaknesses • • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications • Analytical Problem Solving • Encryption • Network/Data Security • Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: Florida City, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy