DTE Energy Project Manager - Facilities & Construct in Detroit, Michigan
Project Manager - Facilities & Construct-10239
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Manages the design and construction of building/facility projects, capital
and operating & maintenance (O&M) projects from conception through
completion. Manages project designs & construction through the use of
internal and external design resources, trades and contractors. Responsible
for monitoring and managing project costs consistent with applicable
budgets. Delivers completed projects on a safe and timely basis, consistent
with client needs and all applicable code and regulatory requirements.
- Determines project scope and detailed construction schedules; preparing
construction project cost estimates and monitoring expenditures.
- Determines projects,design & construction requirements; selects
appropriate delivery methods.
- Manages all project design & construction aspects, including (but not
limited to) permitting, inspection, safety, scheduling, estimating, budget,
valve engineering, contract administration, code adherence and project
- Functions as the Company liaison between the client and project service
- Coordinates ancillary project requirements, including (but not limited to)
telecommunications, security, data, furniture, furnishings, signage, and
- Assembles and leads a team of internal and/or external resources
consistent with customer expectations, project goals & objectives.
- Manages projects at commercial and industrial facilities, including (but
not limited to) administrative offices, service centers, and fossil and
nuclear power plants.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technology, Architecture,
Construction Management, Facilities Management or a directly related
- Required: 3-plus years of experience managing or coordinating construction
or facility-related projects (note: this experience requirement refers specifically to project management candidates would typically have additional experience beyond the project management role)
-Preferred: Knowledge of SAP and Maximo
-Preferred: CCM &/or PMP certification
-Preferred: Experience in contract administration and project budgeting
-Preferred: Technology proficiency in MS Office, MS Project and Microstation
- Analytical and problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills
consistent with the job's project management responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team or matrixed structure, and lead a cohesive and
productive group of clients, internal and external resources to affect the
accomplishment of various project objectives.
- Excellent time management skills
Job: Supply Chain & Purchasing
Title: Project Manager - Facilities & Construct
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 10239