MDU Resources Group HR Generalist in Bismarck, North Dakota
Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Responsible for providing administrative support in functional areas of human resources and safety including, but not limited to: benefits administration and recordkeeping, recruitment and employment related activities, compiling and filing of federally mandated reporting, maintenance of company’s HRIS system within standards set forth by the company and in accordance with retention schedules, tracking of safety incidents and OSHA reporting, safety reporting - compiling and consolidating safety statistics, coordinating the updating and delivery of procedural manuals related to human resources and safety.
- Assist the HR and safety functions by providing administrative and technical support – assist in the updating, revising and development of current and future programs.
- Assist the HR and Safety staff with daily administration of corporate, legal and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist the CSG corporate function and operating companies with data, research, reporting and compliance requirements.
- Assist with new employees – process forms, answer basic policy and benefit questions, and ensure programs and processes are up-to-date and compliant.
- Assists in the implementation of the HR and Safety Modules on Spectrum and is responsible for day-to-day tracking and maintenance of human resources and safety related items.
- Assists in the development, administration, communication, and interpretation of policies that relate to the human resources function including, but not limited to, harassment and violence in the workplace, benefits, employment, and paid time off.
- Compose and/or edits letters, memos, reports, procedures, etc., as required.
- Prepares special reports, studies, statistical analysis, brochures, etc. per supervisor’s request. Such items would usually require research, development and/or interpretation of data and may be performed with little supervision or instruction.
- Coordinate/monitor campus safety committee, attend and conduct periodic safety meetings.
- Distribute new and changing safety related information.
- Review documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE A working knowledge of business or human resources at a level normally acquired through completion of a four-year degree in business administration, or human resource management. Requires knowledge of office procedures and word processing software or office related discipline and three to five years of experience in a human resources/safety role. Must exercise initiative, judgment and confidence as well as exhibit a strong desire to acquire knowledge of company practices, policies and procedures.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete projects on schedule. Advanced knowledge and skills in the use of various Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential. Must maintain confidentiality and contribute to a team-oriented work environment. Some travel is required.
Background check, MVR and drug screen required (will vary by position). We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. EEO/AAP
Company: MDU Construction Services Group, Inc.
Location: Bismarck, ND
Hiring Manager: Thomas D Nosbusch
Closing Date: 10/23/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time