Eversource Energy IT Budget Analyst Level 2 in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Develop and maintain special purpose worksheets to fulfill requests related to both the O&M budget and capital project portfolio.
- Show a great understanding of the available information as it pertains to each IT Area. Manage and query information from several sources with a great focus placed on MS Excel knowledge as well as working with Powerplan suite of reports, queries, etc.
- Have a commitment to this organization and peers in working together to address concerns about what is needed for them to manage their numbers. Shows understanding of their needs and cooperative attitude to provide custom-tailored reports. Believes that the PCMs and PMs are their true customers and makes it their goal to provide them with timely and accurate information.
- Develop and author manuals and worksheets to be made available to all PMs and PCMs as well as creating standard reports tailored to their CCC/Project for efficiency of creating ad hoc reports when needed. Create pivot tables and similar database related summaries that are used to improve financial visibility for the organization.
Prepare, monitor and understand financial results for all of IT. Input, maintain and report on expense and capital activities. Prepare and maintain budget worksheets for all budgets. Investigate and correct errors (e.g., incorrect charges) to IT Cost Control Center (CCC) and Project accounting.
- On a monthly basis, responsible to review the Powerplan reports for each CCC and Project in an effort to identify and correct or accommodate anomalies in each manager’s numbers. This means going through each line of each CCC report to find unexpected/unplanned items that impact the IT budget. Each month, during this process of discovery, work with each manager to figure out the correct way the item should be handled, does it need a new cost element, is it an unbudgeted item that needs to be listed, is it in the correct CCC, is it a new contract that needs to be amortized, is it an old contract with the wrong PO or release number, is it a cost IT should not be paying, and takes the appropriate action to best correct the errant activity.
- On a monthly basis, works with other members of IT and Budget and Forecasting to create the manager’s reports that are placed on the shared drive so that each of them have an accurate picture of their current reporting position, the Director reports that are used at the monthly staff meeting, CIO reporting package that gets reported at the monthly 1 on 1 with Kathy as well as the financial package that gets reported at the monthly meeting with the CAO. This requires detailed explanations of all monthly activity and variance to budget information for all of IT as well as a PYE for spending for the year, detail expense YTD activity, HR /FTE and headcount activity, etc.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.